Friday, October 16, 2015

Philippe Petit - Patron Saint of 'Tenacious Little Rats'

From the "poet who writes in the sky," wire-walker, Philippe Petit, a personal inspiration through my last 10 yrs of my own 'Balancing Act': 

“I know in my heart and body that I will successfully do the last step and, therefore, there are no question marks. Maybe there is a forest of exclamation points but I don’t ask myself: 'Oh my God, I hope the cable will support me.' I go there because I am solid. It is this solidity of the most fragile action a human being can do on a little wire that inspires people.

“So it’s really life-affirming. I don’t risk my life. I do something maybe mysterious, but very noble, and carry my life across.”

The word “impossible” doesn’t faze him, either. “I am a fighter,” he stressed. “I am a tenacious little rat who doesn’t take impossible for granted.”





3 comments:

  1. yep, for anyone who's been following along over the years, it's 10 yrs now this autumn. A lot of living happens over 10 years, with equal gratitude for staying on my endless highwire for far longer then was expected once upon a time. I guess you could say it's my new occupation: funambulist. L'chaim - cheers ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'chaim, indeed, dear Po. "A forest of exclamation points..." That just charms the socks off of me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bouquet of exclamation points to you, Roxanne, the tenacious squirrel! L'chaim and Happy Spring Blooming to you and yours ~

      Delete